Thursday, May 3, 2012

Blessed to be 30

I, honestly, feel overwhelmed with how wonderful it was to turn 30 this weekend.  Everyone I love went out of their way to make my entire week perfect.  Starting last weekend with all of my Dallas girls.  They threw a lovely surprise party/picnic at the Dallas Arboretum.  It was wonderful weather, company, and food.  I will post pictures once I have some.  I have been really lucky to fall into the friendships that found me in this city.  I am surrounded by kind, unique, amazing friends.  I can't imagine not having any of them in my life.  They make every event a true celebration.  

Well, after their jump start to my great week, my worker bees spoiled me even more with this yummy cookie cake and gift card!  They do too much, such a great team of people that I get to spend my days with during the week.

Thanks everyone!!! So Tasty!!
At the end of the week  we took off for the west coast.  We were really excited because it was the first trip to California for both of us.  To top it off some of our best friends, the Potter's met us there.  San Francisco was beautiful and we had a wonderful time.  The customer service at our hotel was phenomenal.  They started our visit with strawberries and champagne to help us celebrate!

1 or 2 strawberries already in my tummy at this point...

With the Potter's at Muir Woods

The view from our hotel
The Seven Painted Ladies that were shown in the intro to Full House.

Birthday Dinner

I got to see my great friend Lisa who lives in SF!!
I also got to meet her sweet 9 week old baby boy, Owen.

He is very handsome.
The Golden Gate Bridge, aka misleading red bridge for some....aka Scott Potter...




I should probably do an entire blog of funny SanFran pictures.  Maybe I will next week.  We took  A LOT!! We are super touristy and proud of it :)  I love all the great places our country has to explore and can't wait for our next adventure!!  How blessed am I to be surrounded by so many great people and beautiful places!!

"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." Proust

                                                 


No comments: