Sunday, September 9, 2012

30 Weeks


How far along: 30.2 weeks

Size of the baby: 
 Baby's now the size of a squash!
As baby's skin smoothes out, her brain just keeps getting more wrinkled. All those grooves and indentations increase surface area, meaning more room for that oh-so-essential brain tissue. She's also adding some brawn -- her grip is now strong enough to grasp a finger. (thebump.com)

Total weight gain/loss: I haven't added any pounds in the last 2 weeks :) 
(Still 16 total)  

Maternity clothes: I am rotating maternity scrubs with my regular scrubs, but the maternity scrubs are definitely more comfortable.  I have been taking a lot of pictures of maternity outfits because I am trying to decide what to wear next month in our pics.  I don't want to buy anything until right before because who knows how big I could be in 4 more weeks!!! 

Cravings: I still just crave water.  I did just join godiva.com, so I can get a free piece of chocolate every month.  I highly recommend it to everyone :) I figure I will be at the mall at least once a month, so I might as well enjoy a tasty chocolate treat while there!
Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Turtle--yes please!!

Symptoms: I randomly get muscle cramps in my legs, but not too often. I am trying to adjust to using different muscles/positions to move this new big stomach around.

Movements:  She is still very active.  It was making me laugh in church today because if I put my hands on top of my tummy she would kick them off, but if I moved them below she would also start pushing against them.  Nothing was acceptable.  So funny!

Update: We are starting to feel the urge to get organized and start working on the nursery.  I think I have decided on some baby bedding that is feminine, but still fairly neutral.  So far we are just making lists and looking around. I have developed a soft spot for baby lamb items, so there will be some sweet little lambs in baby Brooke's future.  Look at what Jarrod found yesterday, so precious!


We also picked up a little lamb mobile because I had a store credit at Pottery Barn that I had forgotten about somehow.  The mobile has been discontinued, so I am glad we found it!  We even got 30% off because it had been opened.  I think it was the first time I walked out of that store only spending $1.60.  

I also got my baby book in and I am SO happy with it.  I am glad that I discovered ETSY this year, there are so many crafty people out there!



Now for the belly pics :)  

29 weeks

30 weeks

                           Only 10 more weeks to go! We can't wait to meet this baby girl!


No comments: