Monday, October 15, 2012

35 Weeks







Brooke's the size of a coconut!
She's about 17.2 to 18.7 inches. From here on out, she won't get much longer, but she's plumping up. She's now about 4.2 to 5.8 pounds, and she'll put on a pound or more of baby fat before birth. (thebump.com)



















Total weight gain/loss: 
It seems to vary by appointment time.  If I go in the morning (like today) my total weight gain is still at 19 lbs, but if I go in the late afternoon my total gain is 22 lbs.  I prefer my morning weigh-ins :)

Cravings: Not much, eating a lot of Honeycrisp apples with cheese.  That is a favorite of mine this time of year anyways, though!  I have not had much of an appetite lately, but I make sure I am eating enough for Brooke.  I am yet to have any of the bizarre cravings I always anticipated.  

Symptoms: No swelling yet!  I do have irregular & very mild contractions, shortness of breath if I do pretty much anything, and dull headaches (but nothing bad).  Overall I cannot complain.  My blood pressure has been fluctuating a little bit so I am taking it pretty easy.  Luckily I have a slow couple of weeks at work, so I can limit what I do and hopefully keep it in check.  I am hoping to keep working through at least the end of next week.  That will put me at 37 weeks :)  I will work longer if I can!

Movements: She is still very active.  She loves to push her butt all the way to the right side of my stomach until it looks completely distorted and then after a while she reverses it to the left.  I never realized before pregnancy that I would actually be able to see so much activity just by watching my stomach.  It really is crazy to me.  My whole career has been in women's health care and yet I feel so completely clueless &/or shocked by things that are now directly happening in my body.  So funny.

34 Weeks

35 Weeks

Safety Test


 


1 comment:

Kallie G said...

Amy,
I just stumbled upon your blog. You are seriously PRECIOUS! So excited for you and your husband!! :)
Kallie(Reynolds)